Hancock Seed's Tough 12 Wildflower Mixture is composed of 12 native Wildflower species that are incredibly easy to grow, highly showy and colorful, and extremely tough and drought tolerant throughout majority of the United States. Containing long-lived perennials and reseeding annuals, this mix will provide many years of beautiful flowers with very little to no maintenance.
The Tough 12 Wildflower Mix is also an incredible mix for attracting and supporting pollinators all season long. Hummingbirds, butterflies and bees will flock to this mix which provides breeding grounds and a natural habitat.
There are approximately 47,000 seed per lb.
This mix contains the following species:
- Maximillian Sunflower (Yellow)
- Black-Eyed Susan (Orange/Yellow)
- Upright Coneflower (Mixed Colors)
- Illinois Bundleflower (White)
- Partridge Pea (Yellow)
- Plains Coreopsis (Burgundy/Yellow)
- Butterfly Milkweed (Vibrant Orange)
- Purple Prairie Clover (Purple)
- Blanketflower (Red/Orange/Yellow)
- Purple Coneflower (Purple)
- Clasping Coneflower (Yellow)
- Lanceleaf Coreopsis (Yellow)
Plant at a rate of 2 lbs. / 15,000 sq. ft, or 5 lbs. / acre. between Winter and Spring. Plant at a depth of 1/8 to 1/4 in. It will germinate between 7 and 25 days, and will bloom between July and November.