Xtra Graze BMR Sudangrass - Xtra Graze™ is a top product in the marketplace for 2017! A top quality BMR with extreme resistance to sugar can aphids, more than any other BMR variety. New Xtra Graze™ BMR Hybrid Sudangrass is a one of the best (if not the best, in our opinion) sudangrasses available because of it's extremely high leaf to stem ratio that is shade tolerant on the lower canopy along with the highest feeding efficiency & improved digestibility in forage trials.
Xtra Graze BMR Sudangrass has a high sugar content to improve palatability and feed intake. This means the highest animal perforance per pound compared to other varieties. Xtra Graze BMR also has a relative feed quality comparable to alfalfa's making it an excellent choide for a summer annual grass.
- Traditional style sorghum sudangrass growth habit, with added BMR 6 gene technology
- Bmr 6 low lignin technology
- Extremely high leaf to stem ratio
- High sugar content to improve palatability and feed intake
- Superior regrowth, for multiple harvests
- Stay green trait, for improved leaf retention and superior forage analysis
- Enhanced drought tolerance for top production in low water environments
- More complete forage consumption-less wastage
- Wide adaption for use in many soil types and environments
- Improved Sugarcane Aphid resistance
Planting & Seeding Rates:
Soil Temp: 60 degrees or higher
Planting Time: June 1 and July 10 in the Midwest
Seeding Rate: 25-35 lbs. per acre. No-till planting works following grain; or into pastures or into alfalfa stands where it works for your forage use.
pH: Minimum 6.0
Low pH tolerance: Moderate
Ease of Establishment: Excellent
Drought Stress Tolerance: Very Good
Wet Soil: Fair
Maturity: 10-12 days later than conventional sorghum sudan hybrids
Height: 8-10 feet
For DISCOUNTS on orders over 250 lbs. CLICK HERE!