Tillage Radish Seed - The original soil building, cover cropping radish. Tillage Radish seed is a industry leading soil improving radish seed variety. Improving soil composition while decreasing soil compaction.
The Only Cover Crop Radish Proven to Increase Yields
Sometimes referred to by cheap imitators, Tillage Radish® is the only cover crop radish proven to boost crop yields while delivering other measurable soil benefits while avoiding many problems traditionally associated with cover crops.
Tillage Radish® may be the single most beneficial cover crop ever developed.
Over 10 years of university research and on-farm testing prove the remarkable facts. When Tillage Radish® is used as a cover crop ahead of cash crops, the following results have been recorded and reported.
The cover crop radish that pays you back!
- Corn yields are up 11%.
- Soybean yields are up 10%.
- Winter wheat yields are up from 5 to 12 bushels per acre*
- Depending on conditions and when planted with winter wheat
It's the taproot!
The superior genetics behind this amazingly aggressive brassica taproot are found only in the Tillage Radish®. No other cover crop radish has a taproot that drills through compaction like it's not even there.
In fact, that's how this amazing cover crop got its name. It drills down where steel cannot reach, it tills the soil naturally and better than any tillage equipment possibly can.
- Easy to plant, reaching full growth within 30 days
- Taproot typically reaches over 30" – deeper depending on soil and planting conditions
- Drills through soil compaction thatstops other cover crops cold
- Soaks up N, P, Ca and other key soil nutrients
- Winter kills when temperatures reach mid teens for a couple nights
- Rapid spring decay results in massive soil voids for air and water movement
- Spring soil warms up and dries quickly for better planting conditions
- Improves drainage and air movement
- Helps suppress nematodes
- Attracts earthworms like a magnet
- Shades out winter annual weeds with dense foliage cover
- Plant-available N released during radish decay
- N, P, Ca available when new plant seeds need it most
More information available at www.covercropsolutions.com