Hancock’s Central States Lawn Grass Seed Mix is designed to be a low-maintenance mix for use in full sun to moderately shady areas throughout the transitional zone of the United States. States where this mix will thrive are, but are not limited to: SC, NC, TN, VA, WV, KY, AR, OK, MO, KS, north Texas and southern states. Our mix is designed to handle the temperature fluctuations that occur in these states and is predominantly composed of fescue.
Hancock’s Transitional Zone Lawn Mix qualities include:
- A dark green color
- Very fine leaf blade forming a dense turf
- Slower growth habit making it less maintenance
- High cold tolerance
- Good quality turf during late summer heat and drought stress
- High disease resistant varieties
- 40% Hancock's Turf Type Tall Fescue
- 30% Midnight Kentucky Bluegrass
- 30% Champion GQ Perennial Ryegrass
Seeding Rate: 5lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. or 200 – 250 lbs. per acre
Seed Depth: 1/4 inch
Planting Time: Spring, Fall
Fertilizer: 5-8lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. of starter fertilizer such as 16-04-08
Mowing: Recommended mowing height is 2 - 3 inches.