Seed Export Process
When exporting, most seed exports will require a FPC, Federal Phytosanitary Certificate, and an IP, Import Permit , to accompany them throughout the shipment or the shipment could be held (possibly destroyed) at either the port of export or import. Other requirements may need to be met but will not be determined until the Import Permit is obtained, this MUST be legible and in English, from the Department of Agriculture in the country the seed is being exported to.
Additional Requirements for Exporting from Hancock Farm & Seed Co.
- All payments must be paid in full prior to shipment via wire transfer - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- It may easily take 10 to 15 days to ship after the payment has been received, as we at Hancock Farm & Seed Co.Inc. do NOT issue the Federal Phytosanitary Certificate, an appointment will have to be scheduled with a representative from the U.S.D.A. Typically, appointments are made within a few days after receiving all permits and payments, but this depends on the schedule of our USDA representative.
- Minimum order requirements depend on seed variety or varieties.
- All seed export shipments will ship through our freight carrier unless the consignee has already PAID FOR and arranged freight. Under NO circumstances will be ship through a carrier that we do not use and be reimbursed.
- You are more than welcome to ship the seed to your desired U.S. freight forwarder and have them secure the shipment to the final destination as well as complete any and all certificates and/or documents that are required.
- Hancock Farm & Seed Co.Inc. retains the right to decline and/or terminate any export transaction at any time.
- Please note that some seed varieties are not able to be exported due to being PVP Protection - this means that a plant variety certificate has been issued to that certain variety or cultivar and gives the breeder the right to exclude others from selling the variety, or offering it for sale, or reproducing it, or importing it, or exporting it, or using it in producing (as distinguished from developing) a hybrid or different variety. The term of protection runs 20 years from the certificate's date of issue.
To obtain a EXPORT QUOTE PLEASE CLICK HERE!
|There are no products to list in this category.|