Coker 227 Oats Seed - 50 lb. Bag - Oats are a nutritious feed for all classes of livestock and wildlife as they are high in protein, vitamins and minerals. The oat plant, like wheat, is an annual grass that is great for grazing for livestock, cover crops, hay production, and windbreaks. Common varieties of Oats are Coker, Bob and Harrison. Many varieties are suited a little better for certain climates. All oats are great forage producing varieties for livestock and wildlife during the cool season. Oats should be planted on well prepared plowed ground for best results.
- 90 - 150 lbs. per acre for hay or grazing
- 50 lbs. per acre for cover crop or erosion control
- Hay Crops Plant: November 1 - January 15 for hay crops
- October 1 - February 15 for grazing
- 200 lbs. per acre at planting and 200 lbs. per acre at late January for grazing.
- 400 lbs. per acre at planting for hay crop.
- Best fertilizers to apply are 16-04-08 or 18-06-12
For orders over 250 lbs. please use our eQuote system for DISCOUNTS!