Ultra Forage Mix
Fast-growing, highly attractive annual mix for fall hunting plots and 3-season nutrition. High-protein legumes, chicory combine with forage turnips and sensational forage and bulb-producing rape/turnip hybrid, which is most attractive during hunting season after “frost-curing” causes the sugar content and palatability to increase and the sugar-loaded bulbs mature. Best where frost coincides with hunting season. Ideal for small hunting plots since withstands heavy grazing.
Ultra Forage Planting Suggestions
1) Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to create a clean, level and firm seedbed.
2) Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 6.5 and fertilizing with a balanced 13-13-13 fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
3) No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 9 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging or cultipacking. Plant 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep in good moisture. Avoid planting too deep, disking to cover is NOT recommended.
4) Ultra Forage can be planted in Spring in Northern Zones although some plants may peak before fall. Mow spring plots to about 8 inches tall in late summer and fertilize in late August or early September.
- Extremely fast initial growth
- Takes heavy pressure – ideal for small, high use plots
- Hybrid Brassicas yield attractive forage & bulbs
- Super attraction, especially after frost
Seed Content: Turnips, Hybrid Brassica, Clovers, Chicory
Planting Time: All Zones: Fall
Seeding Rate: 9 lbs./acre
Planting Depth: 1/8 - 1/4 inch
For DISCOUNTS on orders over 250 lbs. CLICK HERE!