Signature Series Blend is a lower growing, dark green tall fescue blend which forms a dense turf for sod production, home lawns, parks, athletic fields, and golf course roughs. It contains three elite tall fescue varieties, Penn1901, Justice, and Rebel Exeda. These varieties are moderately low growing, fine textured and persistent under tough environmental conditions. Signature Series has been a top-performing blend throughout the transition zone and has shown good disease resistance to Brown Patch, Fusarium Patch, and Net Blotch.
- Improved Disease Resistance
- Good Seedling Vigor & High tiller density
- Exceptional Green Color
- Tolerates low water input and heavy traffic wear
- Superb Fine Texture
- Outstanding performance in the transition zone
- Exceptional fall density
- Scheduling conflicts can be reduced along with the expense of fungicide applications due to increased disease resistance
- Seedling Vigor & tiller density translates into a rapid establishment
- The narrow fine consistency of the leaf blade endows you with a highly sought after dark green turfgrass
- Heavy traffic tolerance at a 2 inch height of cut provides an award winning stand of grass
- Golf Courses (Roughs)
- Sod Farms
- Park Settings
- Athletic Fields
- Home Lawns
Home Lawns, Parks: 8 - 10 lbs/1000 sq ft (3 ½ - 5 kgs/100 sq meters)
Athletic Fields/Parks: 10 - 15 lbs/1000 sq ft (5 – 7 kgs/100 sq meters)
Sod Farms: 8 - 10 lbs/1000 sq ft (3 ½ - 5 kgs/100 sq meters)
Fairways & Roughs: 5 - 10 lbs/1000 sq ft (2 – 5 kgs/100 sq meters)
Sow in sun or shade in spring or fall. Mid-summer sowing is not recommended except for areas of dense shade that can be well watered. Lime soil to 5.5 – 6.0 pH and follow soil test recommendations for fertilization. Maintain adequate soil moisture for proper germination. Under ideal conditions, germination may begin in as few as 9 days. Full germination may take up to 21 days. First mowing is suggested when plants reach approximately 2 inches. (7.5 cm).
Best when managed at 2.5 inches, though will tolerate lower heights.