Greystone Turf Type Fescue Grass Seed - Greystone Turf Type Fescue is a variety that was selected in the shady applications of Southeastern United States that requires less irrigation, exhibits a finer dark green texture, and displays improved disease resistance than other newly released turf type tall fescues. Greystone demonstrates outstanding wear tolerance and recovers well from high traffic when used on athletic fields, park and home lawns. Greystone has an early spring green-up and holds its color late into the fall. Greystone has performed exceptionally well under low to moderate fertility.
- Outstanding performance under low fertility and poor soil conditions.
- Persistence in drought conditions.
- Exceptionally dark green variety with reduced vertical growth rate.
- Improved resistance to Brown Patch, Dollar Spot, and Leaf Spot.
- Mixes well with other tall fescues and bluegrasses for sod production.
- Good frost tolerance and winter hardiness.
Recommended Use: Golf Courses (Roughs), Sod Farms, Parks, Athletic Fields, and Home Lawns
Climatic Zones: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 (may not be adaptable to all areas within each climatic zone)
Establishment & Maintenance: Cover seed to a depth not exceeding 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) and keep seedlings moist until well rooted. The first mowing can be expected after 30 days, or when the grass blades reach a length of 3 inches (76.2 mm), mow back to 2 inches (50.8 mm) until turf is established. Limited use of the area can be expected in 6 weeks.
Home Lawns, Parks 8 - 10 lbs/1000 sq ft (3 1/2 - 5 kgs/100 sq meters)
Athletic Fields/Parks 10 - 15 lbs/1000 sq ft (5 - 7 kgs/100 sq meters)
Sod Farms 8 - 10 lbs/1000 sq ft (3 1/2 - 5 kgs/100 sq meters)